Volunteer Grants aim to support the efforts of Australia's volunteers. The grants provide small amounts of money that organisations and community groups can use to help their volunteers.
The objectives of Volunteer Grants are to:
- Help community organisations to support the efforts of Australia's volunteers
- Help community organisations to support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering
- Encourage, support and increase participation in volunteering.
Grants of between $1,000 and $5,000 are available to eligible not for profit community organisations. This funding can be used to:
- Purchase eligible small equipment items for use by volunteers
- Contribute to volunteers' fuel costs
- Contribute to transport costs for volunteers with disability who are unable to drive
- Assist with the costs of training courses for volunteers
- Undertake background screening checks for volunteers.
To be eligible to apply, community organisations must:
- Be invited to apply by your Federal Member of Parliament (and Julie Owens' office invites you to apply by filling out the form below)
- Use a large proportion of volunteers in your organisation. At least 40% of the organisation's staff must be volunteers
- Be a not for profit organisation
- Have an Australian Business Number
- Have an account with an Australian financial institution
Expressions of Interest close at 5pm on 7 February!
To ensure you are eligible, CLICK THIS LINK and read through the page including the program guidelines.
Once you have read through the program guidelines to ensure you are eligible, fill in the Expression of Interest form below.
My office will be in touch to gather further information if needed.
If you have any questions please contact my office on 9689 1455 or firstname.lastname@example.org